20 April 2009

the bunny brought bubbles

Easter is about dresses and eggs and lots of chocolate and kites and golf
and bubbles and green grass and oh yes...all about hope.


i'm not really a fan of the bunny.
i'm not sure what it's purpose is . . . and it's nice to get credit for the basket and goodies. i really wanted church to be about the resurrection . . . or the atonement . . . and i tried really hard not to be so bothered when they talked about provident living.

when i went to nursery. . . shauna brought out her magic toys and somehow came up with a cave with a stone that rolled in front. the twelve little faces stared at her and gathered so close as they watched the little mary figure come and cry at the tomb. and we learned that Jesus came back to life after all. nursery is a very magic place.

my mom and sister were in town and that made my house the easter gathering place. britt brought her family down from idaho and colby and ash came too...that's about half the fam! it was heaven sent for me and posting these pictures makes me want to rewind time a bit . . .
i will let the photos do the telling . . .

4 comments:

Martha W said...

looks like you guys had tons of fun!!

Christie said...

I love your pic. slide show! You'll have to show me how to do it.

I agree with you about Nursery. Just yesterday, (which means she remembered well), Macy told me: Jesus died for us. Shauna teached me that he died, but then he was resurrected and lived again. Pretty amazing for a 2 yr. old. to learn and remember such important things! Thanks for being such wonderful teachers!

Kristin said...

I love your writing. I had to chuckle about the provident living. hmmm . . . Thank goodness for nursery and people like Shauna. I love all the Easter pictures. So wonderful.

hugs sweet Amber. love you.

OurBurrow said...

Amber, I am so with you...I love Easter and spent all of Easter week reading the scriptures and talking with my kids about what it means. I had them so ready for what I thought Easter would be so they would understand what was going on at church on Easter Sunday....India looked at me and wanted to know provident living had to do with Jesus dying for us....believe me I know....