25 August 2008

trying to freeze a moment

I need to capture the moment I am having right now...quickly before it fades. quickly, pause my playlist.

I am having a very rough night...still detesting the fact that I was trying to escape at a computer, submerging myself in google searches...any distraction. Then of course I come to my cafe to check if friends have visited...looking for a little note on a napkin. Following the trail...I stumble upon this video...and oddly I pushed play, which I never take time to do. It's amazing what can happen when we hold still for a little while...especially when you are alone, exhausted, grasping...



http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org/index.html


...there is that moment again. I guess it works each time. It reminds me of prayer...those rare times for me, when I feel swept up..."in the arms of an angel"...actually the part that makes me swell inside is when the men are watching Christ ascend and you see their faces, our faces...and then we see Him looking down, leaving yet outstretched towards us and everything inside of me rushes out "come back"....and then...did you feel it? I want you to know I did. I felt Him come back and fill me and everything is going to be ok. peace. be still. you are real. what you do matters. be still.

10 comments:

the crew said...

Your words here remind me so much of experiences I have had in my own life, the blessing of peace and reassurance from the Savior when I'm struggling to grasp anything to make sense of my place in this life! Thank you for sharing.

Allie said...

I loved this! Thank you so much for sharing. And just remember that everything that you do matters to my sweet Alexa. She adores you, and so do I.

Brittney said...

Hi sis
I was just checking everything this morning and went to your blogspot. I am so very sorry you were having a rough night, but I am so very glad you googled your way into something so beautiful and inspiring. Your words and emotions transcended through the computer and touched me deeply. Your experience is one of comfort I tooooo have had those moments of complete peace. Thank you for sharing the message but even more for being vulnerable and sharing a beautiful moment. Love

renae said...

is that video amazing or what? we have a file on our computer that takes the kids to all of their online kid games, and this is in that file. i come down to find them watching it a few times a week. it's so beautiful, and it touches on something that is much more elevated than the stuff you usually find on youtube :) hope you have a better day today.

xoxo

Hayley said...

i love this video. every time i see it pop up on a blog i have to sit and watch it. thanks for giving me another opportunity to do so. love ya.

Ashley K. said...

Amber,
Your words are so beautiful. I love what Brittney said, and I must agree, that your words and emotions came right through the computer and touched my deeply. I miss you cuz and wish that we were close again. I cherish my memories and friendship with you... call me, email me...
Love, Ash
ashkearns@embarqmail.com

Ashy and his Mommy said...

Beautiful. Amazing. I can relate. Thank you friend for sharing. Love you.

Kristin said...

I have this link on my family blog and when I first came across it months ago, I would watch it a lot. I love everything about it. The music, the images, the expressions, the scenery--love it all. Haven't watched it in quite a while though, so it was refreshing to come across it here on your blog. Glad it was there for you when you needed a moment--spirituality is such an individual thing . . .so unique and so one on one, when we allow it to be. The same experience can be had by 10 people in 10 different ways. Kind of like the temple, the Sacrament, General Conference . . .
Love you Amber. See you TODAY!!! Ally is beside herself in anticipation--yesterday, with a sigh of frustration, "Now mom, when is dance starting?"

Melanie said...

thank you for sharing such an intimate moment. We all go there and He is there for each of us. Thank you for sharing your testimony of that truth. I pray for you. I love you.

It is what it is said...

Thank you my little love, I needed that again, to feel his love, to feel the firm and solid feeling of my Savior.
XXXo Mom