17 September 2008

Boys II Men...again.


So this one time...a few years back, when Leish and I were 14 I think, my sister Brittney had this birthday wish to go see Boys II Men with her best friend Katie, and I got to go with my best friend Leisha too. I remember how crazy many people were there and they had all these amazing effects...making it rain indoors, coming up thru the floor in their white tuxes with roses and melting us with all those love songs. giddy girls.

So this one time...a few weeks ago, when Leisha and I were moms, Boys II Men comes to Orem Utah of all places to perform at the outdoor theater...and her man buys us tickets! This time it's her sister that gets to go with us, love you Kim! And we get there over an hour early and settle into our seats...hum, but we seem to be the youngest in this very diverse crowd...aside from the many infants (only in utah). There are all these "old" people there, as in older than our parents. And I'm thinking of the lyrics to "I'll make love to you" which of course I'm counting on hearing...can they really sing "throw your clothes on the floor" to this audience? well they did. and everyone went crazy. there was at least 3,000 people there, babies and all. The energy was intense, almost like back in the day, minus the stage effects and costume changes. Thanks Daniel! It was a rush. giddy girls all over again.


7 comments:

Hayley said...

Amber - do you age? You are so beautiful! I love this picture. You are radiant.

Boys to Men. I remember being in the car with my mom and hearing her sing that song. At the time I thought nothing of it and I'm sure she didn't even know what she was singing so we just carried on.

Ashley K. said...

Sooooo fun! I agree with Hayley, you look amazing.

p.s. my blog isn't private anymore, check it out yo!

Kristin said...

Oh that is so funny!! Boys 2 Men . . . wow. That's a memory. A beautiful trio you three girls make.

Melanie said...

That is hilarious! What fun times! have you been to our blog lately...haven't really had a chance to talk to you so check out our blog... www.jmcrane.blogspot.com

Ashy and his Mommy said...

Haha! Yes! That was fun-tabulous! We need to do something again...I'm sure it won't measure up to "The Boys" experiences we've had, but I miss you. Sniff.

Lindy Lewis said...

wow I am jealous! I was supposed to go when I was 13 and didn't and I missed em again when they came to reno! Shoot! Maybe I can go in 10 years when they come back. ha ha. No really, I am glad you got to re-live some fun memories....

meyerstwins.blogspot.com said...

I love it! Im having flash backs while I type. Fun to see Leisha and you. You are beautiful as always! What a good time.