04 December 2008

love to hate him

you know I absolutely love my dogs.
probably not your dog.
but I do love mine.

But tonight...I may shoot one of them.
it would be Charlie to be specific.
because of course my Lola can do no wrong.


Who's idea was this instictual marking?
Why do male dogs have to claim every clean linen in the house? ...including ALL the beds and pillows...oh and let's not forget the couch.
damn dog!

I think maybe he is telling me something like hey guys I'm feeling all left out and I know I'm all muddy from outside but I still want to curl up on these beds with you at night why do I have to sleep in my crate because when I was cute and little I got to curl up with any of you all night long so what happened huh?

or maybe he is just saying "mine. yes mine. this too is oh yes...mine!"

I am going to wash him with every load tomorrow...because heaven knows it's too late to start now.

where's the incense?
we're all sleeping on the floor.
i'm glad reu works graves.
argh!
***update***poor charlie got neutered yesterday...and it broke my heart. I do love him.

5 comments:

Hayley said...

oh, but he is too cute! too cute!

Brittney said...

Amber you crack me up. I am so sorry about how much laundry Charlie makes you do.

Megan said...

Hey, Amber it's Megan Brown.... found you through Mrs. Gardiner's blog, she's in my ward. I have a little yorkie and he too 'marks' his territory. Usually on walls or doors. Terribly annoying. I guess the only way to fix that is to have a girl dog ;)

Kristin said...

Okay, that behavior would drive me bonkers. No, beyond bonkers. BUT that picture of him is one of the cutest things I ever did see.

Megan said...

Hey...just found your commment from the 5th on one of my posts! Anyway, my yorkie is not neutered, but I heard that doesn't always make them not 'mark.' Especially if you don't fix them when their babies. I don't know what to do either, but at least for us, it's in one area and not on carpet . Definetely let me know when you're in town. It will be good to see you again!