03 February 2010

so not fair


my legs were attacked last night...it was brutal.

there i was sleeping peacefully, which is no easy feat.
and then it happened
did you know the inside of your thigh can cramp up?
well it can.

and it's mean!
then my calf muscle joined in...right down to the arch of my foot.

and tell me...how do you stretch out all three of those muscles?
flex foot, straiten leg...and now what about this vicious inner thigh muscle?
that would require the splits.


so...that's how i slept all night.

my foot flexed up against the wall with a straight leg stretched up to my ear....all between my nightly hard contractions. so not fair. i'm trying to load up on water and salt today...so that never ever happens again.

8 comments:

Christie said...

So sorry that happened! But, you're blessed to be flexible enough for your remedy. I'm not sure which would be more painful for me, cramps or stretching my leg up to my ear!

Take care. Hope tonight's much better.

Ann said...

That's the pits.

Hayley said...

agh.

with ginger one night one calf started up and then immediately afterward the other started. it was so brutal!

Lindy Lewis said...

oh, see....I have already forgotten about those crapy leg cramps when pregnant....
It seems like an eternity when you have to deal with them though!!

hang in there...it will all be gone soon! Yay!

The Lovells said...

oh ouch! I don't miss those. Fun chatting with you after dance (seems to be a routine). Thanks.

Kristin said...

ouchy ouchy. Reading it made me cringe all over again. Hope you don't have to do that--ever again.

ladyrach14 said...

I feel your pain! Well, maybe not to that extent, but I'm there with you, sister! I tend to get mine when I've been slack in taking my pre-natal vitamins. And I think bananas are supposed to help--something about the potassium... But that's more preventative than remedy. You're not going to get up and eat a banana in the middle of the night.

I pray you have no more cramps!

Julie said...

I HATE leg cramps but am AMAZED that you slept in the splitz all night!!! You are beyond talented my friend! Getting closer and closer to meeting your cute little girl!!! I'm so jealous!!!