29 January 2010

i remember...

those first few magical weeks.
and this time...i know how fast it will go away
(emily...a few days old...or maybe a month...i can't remember some things)
i'm so excited.
even for the sleepless nights and the lung developing cries.
not so much the diapers...but that's ok.

and this time...i have my two side kicks that may be more excited than me.
emi is obsessed with becoming a good big sister.
lynz has suddenly started playing with her doll again.
we squeal together over tiny socks and ruffles of any sort.


it's hard to imagine the relationship i would have with these two girls
way back then...how did they grow up so fast?

(me with my babies back in april 2002)

8 comments:

Hayley said...

you are right. it goes by waaaay too fast.

kiss your sidekicks for me. i love them.

i'm so so so excited for you. and can't wait to see your new little beauty. xoxo.

Karen said...

I glad to know that everything is going well. I am so happy for you and your family. Let the count down begin!

Britney said...

We are so excited for you. I love that first magical time with the new little ones.

the crew said...

I can just imagine how wonderful it is to have your girls so excited and ready for the arrival of your sweet new baby! I remember how exciting and magical it was for each of my younger siblings to come into this world.

Just soak it all in! I have to remind myself to do just that every day. Just as you said, it really goes so fast. It's wonderful, but fast.

We can't wait to meet her when she comes!

Ann said...

I'm more excited for that moment of meeting between the baby and the girls than anything else. Those are sweet, sweet pictures.

Christie said...

amber you are a beautiful writer. i'm so excited for you. this new one is coming to such a house of love.

Christie said...

OK, when I saw that last comment, I thought I was losing my memory for a second. Not very many people spell my name the same way.

Those are the cutest pics. I can't believe how little Lynz is in that one! I remember Emi being in diapers that first time we left for OR.

It really is crazy how fast they grow up. I love days that I remember to savor the moments. Thanks for the reminder.

Kristin said...

I am so glad I checked your blog tonight. I love these pictures--that top one of Emi--my goodness. Time is a funny thing. I love the thought of them experiencing a little sister now in this time of their life. You are right--it does go so fast. So very, very fast.