22 January 2010

a little tint please.

I told her all I see is bare black branches
scratching at a slate sky
...and I used the alliteration on purpose.
She said...with all my creativity I should be able to see something different.
different?...hum...

so maybe these forbearing snow covered mountains
could be protective and stable?...not claustrophobic.
i'm not sure about that.
and perhaps the naked trees are beautiful shapes reaching for the sky.
i think they prefer less exposure personally.

and the sky
the white blank sheet of sky...can i see anything there?
it does make me want to paint with warm colors.
orange. turquoise. greens. and that lovely salmon color.
i think i need some sunglasses for some tint.

i'm trying. honest.
but really...january is such a survival month for me.
and i truly think we should all sleep with the leaves.
what was that wind yesterday too?
heavens that was unfriendly.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

hey sis I am with you. This last week I thought the colors on my clothes were even looking grey. So I started my valentine for Saul. Layers of colors here I come. I love you

Kristin said...

January is the hardest. It's almost done. you looked lovely tonight.

Ann said...

Seriously, is January over yet or what? Hang in there....